Tab, Yous're it!

If you're like me and use Scrivener for multiple writing projects, y'all might have several projects open at any given moment. I tend to take the WIP always open up, likewise as the writing and editing projection, and the blog project and so I tin can go back and along during the twenty-four hour period and non have to close them out. I can minimize the window and and so stumble effectually in the dock to find the 1 I want to work on.

I didn't notice this until a few weeks ago when I was desperately searching for a project in the dock just when you have multiple projects open, instead of having to minimize the project, you tin switch by clicking on the tab that indicates the project you want to to work on (retrieve of tabs in your browser).

I learned from the Literature and Latte forums this isn't a new Scrivener characteristic, but one from MacOS that has been integrated into Scrivener and other applications (it also shows up in my Mail app since I keep several emails open up to respond). If you prefer to take each project every bit its own separate window you can turn it off. Simply go to Organization Preferences ->Dock -> Prefer tabs when opening documents and choose Manually or In Full Screen But.

Personally, I like using the tabs because when I'm working on Scrivener Tutorials and need to take screenshots of projects to illustrate the tutorial information technology's easier and quicker, but it'due south up to you lot to decide whether this is a convenient characteristic or not.